Welcome, brave adventurers…
… to the eighth entry into the Heroes Rise chronicle. This episode was recorded on Saturday, 13th January 2018, and made available for download on Wednesday, 17th January 2018 at heroesrisepodcast.com
To start us off, we dig into our Adventurer’s Packs and Ostron tells us why we shouldn’t fear the reaper! Then we take a look at some D&D News as we cover:
- The latest Unearthed Arcana that offers us a trio of subclasses
- Lots of updates applied and coming to the various Neverwinter video games
- A couple of videos on lore from editors at WotC
- And a new Plane Shift for those who play more than one of Wizards’ games and don’t want to have to choose.
After that we take a Short Rest and hear some Wisdom from the Masters as we bring you the next part of our series on using Weather in your games; before finishing off the show by looking into the Scrying Pool to see what you have to say.
- Reaper Minis
- Tales from Candlekeep Sale on Steam
- WotC By Fans For Fans Wallet Design Contest
- DragonTalk: D&D Adventurer’s League
- Neverwinter heading to the Lost City of Omu
- Neverwinter Swords of Chult patch for consoles
- Critical Role’s new campaign
- D&D Beyond: Arcane vs Clerical magic
- Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Headstart Patch 8154
- Plane Shift: Ixalan
- Unearthed Arcana: Three Subclasses
A Short Rest: Wisdom from the Masters — Weather as an Encounter
This Week’s Community Questions
The Subclasses Three: have you playtested any of the options in this month’s Unearthed Arcana? What’s your take on the brute’s bonuses, the wizards wackiness and the druid’s mycelial obsession?
Heroes Rise are always on the lookout for new team members that have a passion for Dungeons and Dragons. Please know that all of our positions are volunteer, but we do offer a well known outlet for your work. If you have a particular skill that you believe could enhance our content, then send your contact information and experience to email@example.com
You can also follow us on the social media sites! We’re on Facebook! Head over to facebook.com/heroesrisednd and say “hi”, or check us out on Twitter via @heroesrisednd for details of our show times and other fun stuff.
Liked this episode? Totally hated it? Leave a comment below, or contact us using our handy web form.
A special thanks to Vindsvept for making the awesome music you hear throughout the show, be sure to check him out at vindsvept.bandcamp.com; and a special thanks to the designer of our banners and avatars, Lo of Lo’s Lair — you can find him on Twitter @RealLarryD and on Facebook at facebook.com/LosLair