Heroes Rise, two hundredth entry: The One We Recorded Live
Welcome, brave adventurers, to Heroes Rise!
This is the 200th entry into our chronicle, recorded live at twitch.tv/heroesrisednd on Saturday, February 12th, and released Wednesday, February 16th over at heroesrisepodcast.com.
In this week’s Adventurer’s Pack, Ryu shows us how she handles conflict in games… this can’t be good…
Next we check out some D&D News as we uncover:
- Some details from the Hasbro Earning’s Call and a touch of NFT controversy
- A new line of minis (1, 2) from WizKids partnership with Death Saves
- And some more info on the Dark Souls RPG, this time their take on armor, items, weapons and how this ties in to subclassing
After that we dig up some Unearthed Mundana and discuss Unicorns; before finally heading over to the Scrying Pool to see what you [all] have to say.
Episode 200 Celebration
To celebrate 200 episodes, we did an entire day of live streaming over on our Twitch channel! Over 17 hours of content, all available On Demand through the links below
- Actual Play Game – Ill-gotten Pains (Link)
Indigo Specter takes Ryu, Branwen, RaeRae and Gath Memvar on an adventure for Ill-gotten Gains Pains
- The Joy of Painting Minis (Link)
Lennon and Bloodlake embark on a painting odyssey, from basic through to advanced techniques, and answering your mini-painting questions. From dry-brushing to wash ratios to painting translucent minis, we’re gonna cover it all (in two thin coats)
- Actual Play Game – rand(&d) (Link)
Lennon, Ostron, Ryu, Tony and RaeRae play a truly chaotic game of D&D. 4 DMs. 1 Player. Zero Preparation. It’s gonna be fun!
- Episode 200 Live Recording (Link)
We’re letting you all see behind the scenes, with the recording of Episode 200 live! There’ll also be a few extra faces (and voices), and you’ll get to see how much polishing the Audio Alchemists need to do (hint: it’s a lot)
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Roleplay Run-through (Link)
RaeRae, Ryu, Gath Memvar and Tomasthanes all tackle Baldur’s Gate 3, entirely in character
- How great are we, huh? What was your favorite episode 200 segment?
- What do you make of the NFT rigamarole? Do you think WoTC is actually going to do something with them, or was this just them making sure to legally protect their intellectual property?
- What do you think about powers associated with equipment and weapons? Would you like to see more of that in 5e, or is it introducing too much complexity and bookkeeping?
Heroes Rise are always on the lookout for new team members that have a passion for Dungeons and Dragons. Please know that all of our positions are volunteer, but we do offer a well known outlet for your work. If you have a particular skill that you believe could enhance our content, then send your contact information and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also follow us on the social media sites! Check us out on Twitter via @heroesrisednd for details of our show times and other fun stuff. You can also join us on Discord! http://discord.heroesrisepodcast.com
Liked this episode? Totally hated it? Leave a comment below, or contact us using our handy web form.
A special thanks to Vindsvept for making the awesome music you hear throughout the show, be sure to check him out at vindsvept.bandcamp.com; and a special thanks to the designer of our banners and avatars, Lo of Lo’s Lair — you can find him on Twitter @Los_Lair and on Facebook at facebook.com/LosLair